The Capital Limited poses at the Laconia depot.
Photo by Walter Sapolsky

The Capital Limited

We next crossed Opechee Bay, where we would make a photo runby on the return trip, and staged a "standing photo stop" beside the handsome stone Laconia station. Since our 2006 visit, the station interior had been reopened, and we noticed "C&M" carved in the stonework above its massive fireplace - the initials of the Concord & Montreal, under whose short-lived regime the Laconia station was built in 1892.

Site maintenance by the members of Massachusetts Bay Railroad Enthusiasts, Inc.